“There is no better place than South Africa for opportunities” Phuti Mahanyele, CEO Sigma Capital
Innovation is of critical importance to a city’s economic growth and prosperity. Not only does it act as a catalyst for job creation, but it generates fresh ideas and fosters new skills required for the global digital economy.
Cape Town is a key innovation hub in South Africa, and Accelerate Cape Town aims to showcase innovation from the region, strengthen collaboration between business and our four universities, as well as support the sustainability of start-ups.
Our aim is to co-create a shared vision with our stakeholders that enhances the innovative power of the city and in doing so, ensure our sustained competitiveness.
- 17 Mar 2017Open Data: what government data is available?
- 16 Mar 2017Mentorship pilot: our business professionals support start-ups
- 30 Nov 2016‘Really impressive’ innovation in biomedical technology in the Cape
- 30 Nov 2016Smart Cape Town: using technology to deliver value
- 20 Sep 2016Cape Talk – Our Programme Director talks about Innovation coming out of our Western Cape Universities