Stimulating innovation and creating collaboration of corporate business with universities in the Western Cape and the innovation ecosystem
Innovation plays an important role in regional economic growth and prosperity, and the Cape Town city region including Stellenbosch is one of the key innovation hubs in South Africa. This is due to the concentration of quality research universities and hospitals, research institutions such as the Medical Research Council, and a conducive environment for start-ups.
Accelerate Cape Town works with corporate businesses to foster collaboration with our universities in the Western Cape, working with incubators and accelerators, and agencies such as the Technology Innovation Agency, Cape Innovation and Technology Initiative, and Stellenbosch Innovation District. We aim to showcase innovation from the region, strengthen collaboration between business and our universities, and support the sustainability of start-ups though our Mentorship Programme.
- 17 Mar 2017Open Data: what government data is available?
- 16 Mar 2017Mentorship pilot: our business professionals support start-ups
- 30 Nov 2016‘Really impressive’ innovation in biomedical technology in the Cape
- 30 Nov 2016Smart Cape Town: using technology to deliver value
- 20 Sep 2016Cape Talk – Our Programme Director talks about Innovation coming out of our Western Cape Universities