“Access to quality transport is a core component of any prosperous, equitable and sustainable city” Ryan Ravens, CEO, Accelerate Cape Town
A city’s prosperity in a global economy is dependent on how accessible it is, both by physical connections of flights, road and rail, and virtual connections through high-speed, accessible broadband. With traffic congestion being an issue in Cape Town, we foster discussions with all the key role players across Cape Town’s public transport system and support measures to increase efficient and safe public transport. We represent business in proposing new solutions to government, and encourage behavioural change of corporate business such as using carpooling apps.
Accelerate Cape Town works closely with the City of Cape Town on their Smart City initiatives and supports the rollout of the high-speed, accessible broadband to connect citizens and remain an attractive business destination. We also support regional government’s drive to increase direct flights to strategic African and global destinations.
Cities thrive when people can connect, live productively and conduct business efficiently within a regional and global context.
- 29 Jun 2017The Importance of Airports to City Economies
- 16 Mar 2017Corporate Cape Town launches Carpooling Pilot to ease traffic congestion
- 27 Feb 2017KFM – Corporate Cape Town Launches Carpooling Pilot
- 30 Jan 2017Vodacom invests R600 million in digital skills and connectivity
- 29 Sep 2016Cape Talk – Addressing the issue of traffic congestion in Cape Town