Sustainable development is a broad concept that encompasses diverse areas including decent work and economic growth, industry innovation and infrastructure, as well as affordable and clean energy, amongst others
It requires a fine balance between the socio-economic and environmental needs of communities and growth aspirations of business. Inequality is a pressing concern globally and in South Africa, and given our current trajectory, it is likely to worsen rather than improve. Accelerate Cape Town believes that the solution lies in shared value, which involves creating economic value in a way that also creates value for society by addressing its needs and challenges. Our goal is to advance a sustained, economically viable region that supports the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals initiative.
Our Enterprise and Supplier Development (ESD) Programme is aimed at supporting regional entrepreneurship by providing technical training, access to finance, and access to market opportunities though corporate supply chains and procurement. Creating entrepreneurial opportunities, whilst supporting emerging enterprises with skills and finance, creates an environment where economically marginalised communities can take responsibility for their own prosperity.
- 29 Jun 2017Cape Town’s Water Crisis Requires Innovative Solutions to Increase Water Supply
- 13 Feb 2017Cape Talk – Enterprise and Supplier Development
- 07 Dec 2015The Ocean Economy – economic value vs environmental impact
- 22 Sep 2015Food and Water Scarcity and Security
- 29 Jul 2015Rapid Urbanisation: designing inclusive and sustainable cities