“Smart urbanisation must take a ‘whole society approach’, benefiting all vulnerable groups” UN Sustainable Development Knowledge Platform
Sustainable Development requires a fine balance between the socio-economic and environmental needs of communities, as well as growth aspirations of business. Inequality is a pressing concern globally and in South Africa, and given our current trajectory, it is likely to worsen rather than improve.
Accelerate Cape Town believes that the solution lies in shared value, which involves creating economic value in a way that also creates value for society by addressing its needs and challenges.
Our goal is to advance a sustained, economically viable region that supports the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals initiative.
- 21 Aug 2018Enterprise and Supplier Development Workshop
- 21 Feb 2018Avoiding “Day Zero” in 2018 and Beyond
- 29 Jun 2017Cape Town’s Water Crisis Requires Innovative Solutions to Increase Water Supply
- 13 Feb 2017Cape Talk – Enterprise and Supplier Development
- 07 Dec 2015The Ocean Economy – economic value vs environmental impact