“Talent cannot be isolated from business strategy” Shirley Zinn, CEO, Shirley Zinn Consulting
Having the right skills and experience enables city regions to thrive. Especially in a knowledge economy, where highly skilled people are valuable assets. Accelerate Cape Town works to ensure that Cape Town continues to attract and retain the best skills for key sectors of our regional economy. We work with our members to support talent retention and ensure that we create a vibrant business networking environment for young professionals working in the city, and new professionals who have relocated to Cape Town.
We engage with educational institutions in the region, as well as with government to represent the views of business to define future work requirements of young and skilled professionals. We support local government and business programmes to establish more apprenticeships and internships, and foster collaboration between business, government and educational institutions.
By attracting and retaining highly skilled professionals, we build the intellectual capital to help build the regional economy.
- 01 Jul 2017Support the WC Government Apprenticeship Game Changer
- 05 Jun 2017Tackling Youth Unemployment
- 12 May 2017HR Professionals Forum: How Leaders Build Powerful Cultures to Drive Growth
- 16 Mar 2017Millennials – Managing Mobile Millennial Workplaces
- 14 Feb 2017Inspiration Session: Khanyi Dhlomo CEO of Ndalo Media