Ensuring that Cape Town attracts and retains talent
Having the right skills and experience enables city regions to thrive. Especially in a knowledge economy where highly skilled people are valuable assets. Accelerate Cape Town works to ensure that the Cape continues to attract and retain the best skills in the key sectors of our regional economy. We work with our members to support talent retention and ensure that we create a vibrant business networking environment for the young professionals working in the City and new professionals who have relocated to Cape Town.
We engage with the educational institutions in the region, as well as with government to represent the views of business to define the future work requirements of young and skilled professionals. We support the WC Government and business programmes to establish more apprenticeships and internships, and foster collaboration between business, government and educational institutions. By attracting and retaining highly skilled professionals, we build the intellectual capital to help build the regional economy.
- 12 May 2017HR Professionals Forum: How Leaders Build Powerful Cultures to Drive Growth
- 16 Mar 2017Millennials – Managing Mobile Millennial Workplaces
- 14 Feb 2017Khanyi Dhlomo CEO of Ndalo Media
- 04 Feb 2017Cape Talk – Our CEO comments on PwC’s NextGen Study
- 30 Nov 2016Artisans: a Game Changer for the Local Economy