Cape Town is a key business hub in South Africa, but young black professionals have not always found it an easy place to network and meet mentors in their careers. Companies in Cape Town also have the need to attract, retain and develop black talent and to support these objectives, Accelerate Cape Town, with Allan Gray, developed the Inspiration Sessions.
The Inspiration Sessions are large networking events for young professionals with an inspiring speaker and followed by a cocktail function for maximum engagement. They aim to address key needs expressed by black professionals living in the Cape Town region:
- To meet their contemporaries and build networks with their peers and other aspirational professionals
- To find inspirational mentors, particularly senior black business leaders
- To be exposed to business leadership and opportunities through these networking sessions.
"We are a South African company based in Cape Town and it’s important that we have a diverse pool for our growing company. Our partnership with Accelerate Cape Town helps to achieve this because it gives us a network where black professionals are able to come together, and build strong networks that help build their careers."
Ayanda Nogantshi Head: People Operations Allan Gray
- 05 Dec 2018Inspiration Session with Professor Mamokgethi Phakeng
- 19 Jun 2018Inspiration Session: Professor Wiseman Nkuhlu Chancellor of the University of Pretoria
- 01 Mar 2018Inspiration Session: Nene Molefi Author & Business, Diversity & Transformation Expert
- 12 Dec 2017Inspiration Session: Zipho Sikhakhane International Speaker, Writer, Strategist & Investor
- 14 Feb 2017Inspiration Session: Khanyi Dhlomo CEO of Ndalo Media