Cape Town is a key business hub in South Africa, but young black professionals have not always found it an easy place to network and meet mentors in their careers. Companies in Cape Town also have the need to attract, retain and develop black talent and to support these objectives, Accelerate Cape Town, with Allan Gray, developed the Inspiration Sessions with companies such as Phillip Morris, PwC, Nedbank and Old Mutual sponsoring occasional events.
The Inspiration Sessions are large networking events for young professionals with an inspiring speaker and followed by a cocktail function for maximum engagement. They aim to address key needs expressed by black professionals living in the Cape Town region:
- To meet their contemporaries and build networks with their peers and other aspirational professionals
- To find inspirational mentors, particularly senior black business leaders
- To be exposed to business leadership and opportunities through these networking sessions.
"We are a South African company based in Cape Town and it’s important that we have a diverse pool for our growing company. Our partnership with Accelerate Cape Town helps to achieve this because it gives us a network where black professionals are able to come together, and build strong networks that help build their careers."
Ayanda Nogantshi Head: People Operations Allan Gray
- 14 Feb 2017Inspiration Session: Khanyi Dhlomo CEO of Ndalo Media
- 07 Dec 2016Inspiration Session: Luvuyo Rani and Tebogo Ditshego
- 05 Aug 2016Inspiration Session: Phuti Mahanyele Executive Chairperson of Sigma Capital
- 22 Jun 2016Welcome to Cape Town
- 08 Dec 2015Inspiration Session: Nonkululeko Gobodo – the first black female chartered accountant in SA