Webber Wentzel is a leading South African law firm. We aim to work alongside our clients as a trusted adviser, delivering world-class legal expertise and innovative thinking.
With a staff of approximately 800 people, including over 400 lawyers, and offices in Johannesburg and Cape Town, our market-leading position is reinforced by a number of accolades and achievements including being:
- Named Sub-Saharan Africa Legal Adviser of the Year at the European M&A Awards hosted by the Financial Times & Mergermarket;
- Named Energy & Natural Resources Team of the year and the Transportation and Infrastructure Team of the year at The African Legal Awards, hosted by Legal Week and the Corporate Lawyers Association of South Africa (CLASA);
- Ranked in every practice area researched by Chambers Global and having 40 individuals identified as leading lawyers in their areas of expertise by the research organisation – the only firm in the country to receive such recognition;
- Included in the top tier for Capital Markets, Competition, Mergers & Acquisitions and Project Finance and in the second tier for Banking by the IFLR 1000;
- Named in all 11 categories researched by Legal 500;
- The only South African firm to be included in the Who’s Who Legal 100 in 2013; and
- Named South Africa Law Firm of the Year for the fifth time and the third consecutive year with our lawyers listed more frequently than any other firm in the country by Who’s Who Legal.
Our collaborative alliance with Linklaters provides clients with market leading support across sub-Saharan Africa through Linklaters’ English law, New York law, Anglophone, Francophone and Lusophone capability and enables us to work on an integrated basis on multi-jurisdictional projects and transactions.
We have strong network of relationships with law firms across the African continent, for the benefit of clients doing business in Africa.