Digital and Tech
Machines and computers are advancing at an rapid rate resulting in the continuous introduction of new technologies. With ever increasing processing speeds, the reduction in costs and the advancement of devices, the Internet of Things, Smart Machines and Computing Everywhere are evolving trends resulting in the evolution of Big Data, cloud solutions and the need for advanced analytics.
To support digital disruption and what it means to Cape Town, Accelerate Cape Town is working closely with the City of Cape Town on their Smart City projects and Digital City Strategy (Digital Economy, Digital Infrastructure, Digital Inclusion and Digital Government), as well as the Western Cape Government’s Broadband Initiatives and Digital Inclusion projects. We also collaborate with the Cape Innovation and Technology Initiative and Silicon Cape to grow and highlight Cape Town as an innovative tech hub in South Africa and Africa.
The aim of our Digital Cape Town programme is to:
- To showcase emerging technologies and their impact on business
- Showcase the various digital initiatives and opportunities across the City and Province through our events and workshops
- Provide a conduit for business to engage with the public sector and strengthen this collaborative relationship
- Facilitate and accelerate initiatives to position Cape Town as Africa’s first Smart City.
- 17 Mar 2017Open Data: what government data is available?
- 16 Mar 2017Millennials – Managing Mobile Millennial Workplaces
- 30 Jan 2017Vodacom invests R600 million in digital skills and connectivity
- 30 Nov 2016Smart Cape Town: using technology to deliver value
- 24 Nov 2016AfricaCom – Big Data & Roadmap to Smart Cape Town