Business in Cape Town has challenges with the attraction and retention of talent, specifically of skilled black talent. To support our members’ Human Capital programmes, Accelerate Cape Town hosts a number of initiatives such as our Inspiration Sessions and Young Leaders Dinners. These engagements provide a large vibrant forum for young professionals in Cape Town to network, as well as intimate dinners for our Sponsor companies where young professionals can debate issues such as transformation and career progression.
We have introduced a number of new initiatives aimed at supporting middle to senior staff members who have relocated to Cape Town. The aim of the Human Capital programme is to:
- Support human capital programmes of our member companies in the Cape Town city region
- Address issues of transformation in Cape Town
- Provide a dialogue between business and the universities in the region and address issues impacting on graduate placement and work readiness.
Read more about our various projects and the research that we conducted with Young Professionals, HR Professionals and at our Young Leaders Dinners in Human Capital Programme Overview 2017.
- 12 May 2017HR Professionals Forum: How Leaders Build Powerful Cultures to Drive Growth
- 16 Mar 2017Millennials – Managing Mobile Millennial Workplaces
- 30 Nov 2016Artisans: a Game Changer for the Local Economy
- 24 Nov 2016HR Professionals Forum: Innovation in Talent Management
- 22 Jun 2016Welcome to Cape Town