New technologies are constantly being presented and digital transformation is now a priority for most business leaders. Emerging technology such as IoT, AI, machine learning, advanced robotics and 3D printing are being adopted in the workplace and through high-performance computing, are creating data-driven efficiencies and transforming businesses across the globe.
In addition to its role in business, Accelerate Cape Town believes that technology has the potential to build a future-proof city and we engage the City of Cape Town and Western Cape Government on their Smart City as well as Digital City strategies, in an effort to build a more efficient and sustainable city. The aim of our Technology Programme is to:
- Showcase emerging technologies and their impact on business
- Showcase various digital initiatives and opportunities across the City and Province through our events and workshops
- Provide a conduit for business to engage with the public sector and strengthen collaboration
- Facilitate and accelerate initiatives to position Cape Town as Africa’s first Smart City
- 17 Mar 2017Open Data: what government data is available?
- 16 Mar 2017Millennials – Managing Mobile Millennial Workplaces
- 30 Jan 2017Vodacom invests R600 million in digital skills and connectivity
- 30 Nov 2016Smart Cape Town: using technology to deliver value
- 24 Nov 2016AfricaCom – Big Data & Roadmap to Smart Cape Town