Deloitte, in partnership with the Western Cape Department of Economic Development and Tourism (DEDAT), have launched the Deloitte Western Cape Funding Fair and invite bankable and sustainable, profit-seeking projects and businesses based in the Western Cape that require a minimum of R10 million in funding, to submit their project details and apply for funding via the official Western Cape Funding Fair website.
About the Western Cape Funding Fair
The Western Cape Funding Fair aims to support and promote entrepreneurship and SME business in order to start and sustain business projects which create and retain jobs for the economic development of the Western Cape.
Shortlisted bankable projects will have the opportunity to pitch to a panel of funders (debt and equity), to attend expert workshops prior to the funding fair as well as presentations on a range of relevant topics during the fair.
This initiative aims to educate and empower project promoters and entrepreneurs on the holistic approach and processes to follow in turning ideas into bankable business plans that have a higher probability of attracting the right type of funding and investment.
Details & Dates
- Applications for funding close on 31 January 2015.
- General delegates can register to attend the Western Cape Funding before 17 March 2015. Although the pitching process will be closed to the general public, any one is welcome to attend the seminars and the exhibition, free of charge.
- The Western Cape Funding Fair takes place on 18 March 2015 at the CTICC. The Western Cape Funding Fair consists of the following:
- Project pitching by pre-selected project promoters/entrepreneurs to funders
- Exhibition stands by funding bodies and institutions
- Presentations by Deloitte and external speakers on topics such as on project finance, risk and tax related matters.
Applications are now closed. For more information go to www.westerncapefundingfair.co.za